Moving large, heavy objects is part of moving your home. Your belongings are important to you, as well as our team of top Utah movers. It’s important to make sure that all of your belongings, including your refrigerator, are properly prepared for the move. Here are some steps you can take to prepare your refrigerator.
1. Clean Out the Fridge: Start by removing all of the food from your fridge, including any items in the door. Throw away any expired or spoiled items and make sure to wipe down the shelves and drawers to remove any food residue.
2. Defrost the Fridge: If your fridge has a built-in freezer, you’ll need to defrost it before moving. This can take a few hours or even a day, depending on the size of your freezer. To defrost your freezer, unplug the fridge and leave the doors open to allow the ice to melt.
3. Protect the Fridge: Once your fridge is clean and defrosted, it’s important to protect it during the move. Our movers will use the proper packing materials, such as bubble wrap and moving blankets to wrap and protect your fridge during the move. This will help protect the fridge from any bumps or scratches during the move.
4. Secure the Doors: To prevent the fridge doors from swinging open during the move, our movers can take an additional step to secure them shut, or remove them entirely until the moving truck arrives at your new home.
5. Transport the Fridge: When it’s time for our Utah movers to load the fridge onto the moving truck, they will be sure to lift it with caution. Our moving team is trained to ensure that it’s properly balanced and secure.
6. Plug it in: Once you’ve arrived at your new home, it’s important to give your fridge some time to adjust to the new temperature before plugging it in. This can take a few hours or even a day, depending on the size of your fridge. After the moving team unloads the fridge from the tuck and moves it into your home.
Preparing your refrigerator for moving requires some planning and attention to detail and our movers are prepared to move your fridge and other appliances. Following these steps, we can ensure that your fridge arrives at your new home in good condition and is ready to use just in time to enjoy your new kitchen.