Moving to a new state can be an exciting adventure, but it can also be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created this ultimate guide to help you plan, pack, and settle into your new home in Utah. Whether you’re moving to Salt Lake City or a smaller Utah town, Uinta Moving Company has you covered with tips and advice to make your move as smooth as possible.
Planning Your Move to Utah
Before you start packing boxes, there are a few things you’ll need to do to prepare for your move to Utah. An excellent outcome always starts with a well thought out plan. Moving is definitely a situation that you’d want an ideal outcome that involves minimal stress, all your belongings getting to their final destination without incident, and a smooth transition to a new neighborhood, new schools, and/or a new job.
- Research neighborhoods and find a place to live-You may want a neighborhood with schools and parks near by for young children, or you may want a quieter neighborhood suited for senior living. You may prefer country living rather than living in a large city. It is important to consider and discuss your wants and needs when it comes to choosing neignb0orhood to move to in Utah. Utah has a variety of neighborhoods, each with its own unique charm and amenities. Researching different areas and finding the right one for you and your family is an important step in planning your move. Consider factors like proximity to work, school districts, and nearby attractions.
- Decide on a moving date and get a free estimate from Uinta Moving Company-Once you’ve found your new home, it’s time to start planning your move. Decide on a moving date that works for you and your schedule and let our Utah movers work with you to decide if full packing and moving services, or a hybrid moving service is right for you and your budget.
- Creating a moving budget-Moving can be expensive, so it’s important to create a budget to keep your expenses under control. Once you have decided on a location and a moving date, create a budget for your move. If you need to consult with a spouse or roommate that you are moving to Utah with, discussing the budget early is key to moving success. Get a free estimate from our Utah moving company to help you get started.
Packing and Preparing for Your Move
Now that you’ve planned the logistics of your Utah move, it’s time to start packing up your belongings. Uinta Moving Company is prepared to handle all of the packing. From kitchen dishes to large appliances and pianos, our Utah movers are trained to pack your belongings properly and move them to your new home.
- Decluttering and organizing your belongings-Before our movers arrive, consider doing a big declutter of each room of your home. This ensures you are only bringing what you want and need to your new Utah home, rather than taking up space in the moving truck with items you’d really rather donate. This will make packing and unpacking much easier. Consider donating or selling items that are in good condition, and recycle or dispose of items that are no longer usable.
- Packing and labeling boxes-If you are packing your own belongings and then calling Uinta Moving Company in to do the heavy lifting, packing and labeling boxes in an organized way is key to a smooth Utah move. Label boxes with contents, as well as what room you would like our movers to put the boxes in.
- Preparing valuable items for transport-If you have valuable items like artwork or antiques, be sure to properly pack and protect them for transport. Use bubble wrap or packing paper to cushion fragile items, or consider allowing our full service Utah movers pack and move these most valuable items. We specialize in transporting valuable items and treat them as if they were our own.
Settling into Your New Home in Utah
After you’ve arrived in Utah and unpacked your belongings, there are a few more things you’ll need to do to get settled in. This list can be endless and overwhelming but here are a few important checklist items to help you settle into your new Utah home faster.
- Setting up utilities and home services-Make sure to set up your utilities like electricity, water, and internet as soon as possible. You may also need to set up home services like cable or trash pickup. If possible, gather the phone numbers and locations for these services before you arrive at your new home and keep that information in a place that is easily accessible.
- Changing your address with relevant organizations-Don’t forget to change your address with important organizations like your bank, the post office, and your employer. You can do this online or in person at your local post office. It may take a while for mail to start arriving to your new home so put this at the top of your moving checklist to avoid long delays in receiving mail.
- Registering your vehicle and obtaining a Utah driver’s license-If you’re bringing a vehicle with you to Utah, you’ll need to register it with the Utah Department of Motor Vehicles and obtain a Utah driver’s license within 60 days of moving. Utah DMV offices are usually small and not overly crowded so this can be done with relative ease.
Moving to a new state can be a daunting task, but with our ultimate moving checklist and tips for moving to Utah, you’ll be well-prepared for your new adventure. Remember to take your time, stay organized, and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Happy moving!